CanAge Conversations #1:
July 28, 2020
CanAge Conversations #1 with Laura Tamblyn Watts, CEO of CanAge, debuted with this vital live webinar, the first in a series of Advocacy focused sessions:
"Setting the Stage for Advocacy in Long-Term Care and Beyond for People With Dementia"
Grier Dementia Training, Dementia Advocacy Canada, The Alzheimer Society of Ontario, and Dementia Alliance International join CanAge, Canada’s National Seniors’ Advocacy Organization, to host a live online webinar to discuss:
1) What is advocacy?
2) Different types of advocacy
3) The role of numbers in advocacy
4) Roadblocks people encounter on the advocacy journey
Whether you are a novice regarding advocacy or have been working in the field for years, this session with industry experts has valuable information for everyone.
1) Laura Tamblyn Watts, CEO CanAge
2) Kim Grier, Founder & Managing Director, Grier Dementia Training and CanAge Fellow
3) Lisa Poole, Co-Chair, Dementia Advocacy Canada
4) Christine Thelker, Dementia Advocate, Member of Dementia Alliance International
5) Cathy Barrick, CEO, The Alzheimer Society of Ontario and CanAge Fellow
(1) RECORDING of the event is available at canage.ca/youtube.
(5) THREE ABOUT ME - Resource for caregivers (Grier Dementia Training)
(6) DEMENTIA CONNECTIONS Magazine
(7) BOOK: "For This I am Gateful" (Christine Thelker)